- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
MA Boy, 12, Takes Wheel After Dad’s Seizure
A 12-year-old Massachusetts boy is being called courageous for what he did on a highway over the weekend.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
It happened Saturday morning on I-95 north of Boston:
(Canney) “The car started going really slow.”
And Patrick Canney knew something was wrong. His father has a history of seizures and:
(Canney) “He wasn’t registering anything in his mind.”
So what did the 12-year-old do?:
(Canney) “I turned the car into the breakdown lane and then I shut it off.”
And when they stopped he used dad’s cellphone to call 911 and took his younger sister to safety behind a guardrail.
Six years ago when patrick was six he tried to save his burning house:
(Canney) “I ran into the house and got the fire extinguisher but I didn’t know how to use it.”
The boy’s father is said to be in good condition. As for Patrick, his mother says:
(Mother) “He’s just an amazing kid.”
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.