- Clinton Cash Scandal: Foundation Admits “We Made Mistakes” [VIDEO]Posted 36 mins ago
- In Case You Missed ItPosted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Mike Huckabee, Former Governor of ArkansasPosted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Prison Ordered to Provide Sex Change Surgery for Inmate
A convicted killer in Massachusetts will be getting some very unusual medical treatment on the state’s tab.
FOX News Radio’s Kirstin McNary has the story:
Serving life in prison for murder, Michelle Kosilek was born Robert, and on Tuesday, a Federal judged ordered the Massachusetts Department of Corrections provide sex-reassignment surgery for its prisoner. Kosilek, who receives hormone treatment and lives as a woman in a men’s prison, has been fighting to get treatment of gender-identity disorder for 12 years. Two years ago, these Boston taxpayers were outraged to learn the state paid for Kosilek to have a mammogram.
(Boston Residents) “I think it’s sick and disgusting, and shame on us for doing it.”//”It probably costs us $40,000 a year to keep ’em in there as it is, so why should we pay more than we have to? It’s bad enough.”
Prison officials say the surgery will put Kosilek at risk for sexual assault.
Kirstin McNary, FOX News Radio.