- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 1 day ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Prison Ordered to Provide Sex Change Surgery for Inmate
A convicted killer in Massachusetts will be getting some very unusual medical treatment on the state’s tab.
FOX News Radio’s Kirstin McNary has the story:
Serving life in prison for murder, Michelle Kosilek was born Robert, and on Tuesday, a Federal judged ordered the Massachusetts Department of Corrections provide sex-reassignment surgery for its prisoner. Kosilek, who receives hormone treatment and lives as a woman in a men’s prison, has been fighting to get treatment of gender-identity disorder for 12 years. Two years ago, these Boston taxpayers were outraged to learn the state paid for Kosilek to have a mammogram.
(Boston Residents) “I think it’s sick and disgusting, and shame on us for doing it.”//”It probably costs us $40,000 a year to keep ‘em in there as it is, so why should we pay more than we have to? It’s bad enough.”
Prison officials say the surgery will put Kosilek at risk for sexual assault.
Kirstin McNary, FOX News Radio.