- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 12 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Breast Cancer Risks Increase With Weight
Extra weight may speed breast cancer relapse, according to a new study.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
There is a link between breast cancer and body mass. The more you weigh, the greater the risk.
Even moderate overweight is a problem. One link points to an elevated risk of developing breast cancer after treatment.
The study in the journal ‘Cancer’ says women who were obese at the time of diagnosis have a 30% higher risk of recurrence, and a near 50% higher risk of death.
What the experts say is that next to chemotherapy, weight loss is critical to prevention of breast cancer, and to survival.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.