- Could Cyber Crime Happen To You?Posted 16 hours ago
- Survey Reveals More Parents Requesting To Delay Vaccinations For KidsPosted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Legend Aaron TippinPosted 21 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Breast Cancer Risks Increase With Weight
Extra weight may speed breast cancer relapse, according to a new study.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
There is a link between breast cancer and body mass. The more you weigh, the greater the risk.
Even moderate overweight is a problem. One link points to an elevated risk of developing breast cancer after treatment.
The study in the journal ‘Cancer’ says women who were obese at the time of diagnosis have a 30% higher risk of recurrence, and a near 50% higher risk of death.
What the experts say is that next to chemotherapy, weight loss is critical to prevention of breast cancer, and to survival.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.