- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 3 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 6 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
MO Congressman Under Fire Over Rape Remarks
A Republican Congressman running for Senate in Missouri is running into controversy over some recent comments he made.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
Congressman Todd Akin, an anti-abortion conservative was asked on FOX TV station KTVI why he opposes abortion even in cases of rape.
(Akin) “From what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
Akin has since apologized, saying he misspoke in the off-the-cuff remark.
A statement from the Romney-Ryan campaign says both candidates disagree with Akin and do not oppose abortion in cases of rape. Akin’s opponent, Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill called the comment ‘ignorant’.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
At the White House Press Briefing Monday, President Obama was asked about Representative Akin’s ‘legitimate rape’ remark. LISTEN to his response: