- Deer Tick DangersPosted 12 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Brewer Denies Public Benefits To Young Immigrants in AZ
It’s another day for illegal immigrants brought here as kids to try to stay in America and work, but Arizona has a problem with the new Obama administration plan.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
Deferred action is allowing young illegal immigrants, brought to the U.S. as children, to apply for work permits and delay deportation. But Arizona Governor Jan Brewer says in her state, even those who qualify under the White House plan will not get state benefits.
(Brewer) “And that no driver’s license would be given to anyone unlawfully in the state of Arizona.”
Brewer telling FOX Radio affiliate KFYI her executive order aims to avoid confusion for department heads.
Earlier this year the U.S. Supreme Court struck down portions of a controversial Arizona immigration law.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.