- Australia Foils Terror Plot, Sends Troops To The Middle East In Fight Against ISIS [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 17 hours ago
- It’s That Time Of Year Again… Flu SeasonPosted 18 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Army Suicide Rate Spikes in July
There’s an alarming trend in the U.S. armed forces: More soldiers are taking their own lives.
FOX News Radio’s Paul Stevens reports:
The Army, saying suicides among active-duty soldiers more than doubled in July from the month before, another jump in a military-wide trend this year. The Army, with 26 July suicides among active-duty soldiers, compared with 12 in June and 16 in May. Among Army Reserve soldiers not on active duty, 12 July suicides – the same as June.
The Army, now with 116 suicides among active-duty soldiers for the first seven months of this year. There were 167 Army suicides for all of 2011.
Paul Stevens, FOX News Radio.