- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ResigningPosted 6 hours ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 9 hours ago
- The 2014 American Music Awards RecapPosted 10 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Army Suicide Rate Spikes in July
There’s an alarming trend in the U.S. armed forces: More soldiers are taking their own lives.
FOX News Radio’s Paul Stevens reports:
The Army, saying suicides among active-duty soldiers more than doubled in July from the month before, another jump in a military-wide trend this year. The Army, with 26 July suicides among active-duty soldiers, compared with 12 in June and 16 in May. Among Army Reserve soldiers not on active duty, 12 July suicides – the same as June.
The Army, now with 116 suicides among active-duty soldiers for the first seven months of this year. There were 167 Army suicides for all of 2011.
Paul Stevens, FOX News Radio.