- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 3 hours ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 10 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 24 hours ago
- Jodi Arias Pleads For Life [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- 50th Super Bowl Will Be In…Posted 1 day ago
Zimmerman’s Lawyer Abandons ‘Stand Your Ground’ Defense
The lawyer representing the Florida neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin says he won’t be invoking the controversial ‘stand your ground’ law.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
George Zimmerman’s lawyer says he now won’t seek a judge’s opinion on whether or not Florida’s so-called ‘stand your ground’ self-defense law would protect the neighborhood watchman from prosecution for the murder of Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman claims he shot the unarmed teen when attacked by him. Attorney Mark O’Mara says he doesn’t think the evidence supports use of the law, though he’s previously sought to invoke it. He will, however, seek a higher court ruling to have the trial judge removed, claiming percieved bias against Zimmerman.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.