- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 11 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 18 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Popcorn Linked With Alzheimer’s
Movie and microwave popcorn are packed with flavor and an aroma that draws you in, but a new study says it can be damaging to your brain.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study says movie popcorn doesn’t just damage your waistline, it may be harming your brain. Research from the University of Minnesota finds that diacetyl, the ingredient that gives movie and microwave popcorn that irresistible buttery taste and smell, is linked to a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
Scientists say the substance can penetrate the barrier that protects the brain, and encourages the clumping of proteins that cause the disease.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.