- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 6 hours ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 1 day ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Housecall for Health: Popcorn Linked With Alzheimer’s
Movie and microwave popcorn are packed with flavor and an aroma that draws you in, but a new study says it can be damaging to your brain.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study says movie popcorn doesn’t just damage your waistline, it may be harming your brain. Research from the University of Minnesota finds that diacetyl, the ingredient that gives movie and microwave popcorn that irresistible buttery taste and smell, is linked to a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
Scientists say the substance can penetrate the barrier that protects the brain, and encourages the clumping of proteins that cause the disease.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.