- Incomes Rise, Consumer Spending Ticks Slightly Higher In FebruaryPosted 8 hours ago
- Prehistoric ‘Super Salamander’ DiscoveredPosted 13 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 15 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Housecall for Health: Popcorn Linked With Alzheimer’s
Movie and microwave popcorn are packed with flavor and an aroma that draws you in, but a new study says it can be damaging to your brain.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study says movie popcorn doesn’t just damage your waistline, it may be harming your brain. Research from the University of Minnesota finds that diacetyl, the ingredient that gives movie and microwave popcorn that irresistible buttery taste and smell, is linked to a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
Scientists say the substance can penetrate the barrier that protects the brain, and encourages the clumping of proteins that cause the disease.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.