- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 2 days ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 3 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Popcorn Linked With Alzheimer’s
Movie and microwave popcorn are packed with flavor and an aroma that draws you in, but a new study says it can be damaging to your brain.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study says movie popcorn doesn’t just damage your waistline, it may be harming your brain. Research from the University of Minnesota finds that diacetyl, the ingredient that gives movie and microwave popcorn that irresistible buttery taste and smell, is linked to a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
Scientists say the substance can penetrate the barrier that protects the brain, and encourages the clumping of proteins that cause the disease.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.