- Deer Tick DangersPosted 21 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Securing America: Breach at Newark Liberty International Airport
A woman who disrupted travel for thousands of air travelers over the weekend remains a mystery, as the public gets a closer look at what TSA agents battle every day.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports in our ongoing series on national security:
It’s the kind of legitimate security concern that ends up frustrating passengers: Dozens of flights cancelled and delayed at New Jersey’s Newark-Liberty Airport, and every passenger rescreened in one terminal…except the one who tested positive for possible explosives residue. She walked out of the checkpoint area before additional screening was complete, and flew to Cleveland.
On the TSA website, a blog catalogs what screeners encounter. During one week in July, for example, more than two dozen loaded firearms, multiple razor blades in one passenger’s wallet and shoes, and inert or novelty grenades at five airports across the country.
Previous incidents led to a new director and a crackdown at Newark-Liberty, where this latest security breach remains under review.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.