- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 10 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Securing America: Breach at Newark Liberty International Airport
A woman who disrupted travel for thousands of air travelers over the weekend remains a mystery, as the public gets a closer look at what TSA agents battle every day.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports in our ongoing series on national security:
It’s the kind of legitimate security concern that ends up frustrating passengers: Dozens of flights cancelled and delayed at New Jersey’s Newark-Liberty Airport, and every passenger rescreened in one terminal…except the one who tested positive for possible explosives residue. She walked out of the checkpoint area before additional screening was complete, and flew to Cleveland.
On the TSA website, a blog catalogs what screeners encounter. During one week in July, for example, more than two dozen loaded firearms, multiple razor blades in one passenger’s wallet and shoes, and inert or novelty grenades at five airports across the country.
Previous incidents led to a new director and a crackdown at Newark-Liberty, where this latest security breach remains under review.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.