- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 2 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
NJ Man Dies While Driving, 12-Year-Old Takes the Wheel [VIDEO]
It’s “fight or flight.” When faced with danger, you can fight or you can run. A New Jersey pre-teen is alive to tell her tale after a daring fight when her grandfather had a heart attack in his pickup truck.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has her story:
Driving his granddaughter home from a day of go-karting, Paul Parker knew something wasn’t right.
(Bowman) “He said, ‘Miranda, just keep talking to me.’”
Thirty seconds later, the 63-year-old was dead.
(Bowman) “I heard his head tap on the window.”
But his foot was still pushing the accelerator.
(Bowman) “I panicked and I started screaming.”
Then Miranda Bowman took her life into her own hands. She tried calling 9-1-1, but had no service. She climbed over Parker and pushed the brake. It wasn’t enough. So the 12-year-old looked for a way to force the car to stop.
(Bowman) “I just saw woods, so I went through someone’s lawn, ran over a little tree, then I took out three other trees and its stump.”
…Escaping uninjured. She credits her EMT father and the TV show “Law & Order” for preparing her for an emergency.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on Miranda Bowman’s quick thinking HERE: