- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 16 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 16 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Court Upholds AZ Abortion Ban
A judge has given the okay to Arizona’s new abortion ban, causing abortion rights groups to announce their plan to appeal.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra has more on the new law:
The ban, set to take effect Thursday, prohibits abortions starting at 20 weeks of pregnancy, except in medical emergencies. The current ban is at viability, or when the fetus could survive outside the womb – at about 24 weeks.
The judge, saying the statute may prompt a few pregnant women who are considering abortion to make the decision earlier, but says the law is Constitutional because it doesn’t prohibit women from making the decision to end their pregnancies.
Arizona is one of 10 states to enact types of 20-week bans.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.