- Jimmie Johnson Gears Up For Sin City, As NASCAR Heads To VegasPosted 34 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Blind Man Sees Wife With Bionic EyePosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: THIRD DAY, Grammy, AMA and GMA Dove Award winning groupPosted 4 hours ago
- It’s A Boy For Carrie Underwood! And, The Baby’s Name Is…Posted 4 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music’s Pete Scobell Talks About His Tribute to Chris KylePosted 18 hours ago
- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
Woman Claims Zimmerman is a Racist, Molester
A woman who contacted police about a month after the Trayvon Martin shooting claims that not only is admitted gunman George Zimmerman a racist, but he molested her for a decade. That revelation is part of interview recordings released by prosecutors on Monday.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown has the details from Miami:
This woman contacted police after the Trayvon Martin shooting and says that, unlike what the FBI concluded, George Zimmerman is a racist.
(Witness #9 Interview) “Because growing up, they’ve always made, him and his family have always made statements that they don’t like black people if they don’t act like white people. They like black people if they act white.
Police call her “Witness 9.” She tells them their families grew up together, and accuses Zimmerman of molesting her since childhood. Prosecutors say her story is corroborated and she came forward after his arrest. This clip is edited for time:
(Witness #9 Interview) “This is the first time in my life that I’m not afraid of him.”
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
George Zimmerman’s defense team released the following statement in response to the release of Witness #9’s police interview:
Today the State released Witness #9’s Statements along with Mr. Zimmerman’s phone calls from jail in response to the Court’s July 13 order.
In her statements, Witness #9, who is George Zimmerman’s cousin, alleges that Mr. Zimmerman inappropriately touched her beginning when she was 6 and Mr. Zimmerman was almost 8, and that it continued on occasion until she was 16 and Mr. Zimmerman was 17.
The defense moved to block the public release of Witness #9’s statement in a motion filed on June 18, 2012 contending “The content of this statement is not relevant to the issues of this case, and it would not be admissible in the State’s case in chief.” The motion further contends that this irrelevant statement should be withheld from public dissemination because of the substantial risk that public disclosure will lead to widespread hostile publicity which would substantially impair the Defendant’s fair trial rights, and would pose a serious threat to the administration of justice.
That request was denied on July 13, 2012 by Judge Lester. Because there is a Motion for Disqualification pending, this morning, we asked the prosecution not to release Witness #9’s statement until there was a ruling on the Motion for Disqualification. This is an appropriate request as, should the motion for disqualification be granted, reconsideration of recent rulings by the judge is appropriate. However, the prosecution elected to make the public disclosure anyway.
Now that this statement is part of the public record, the defense will vigorously defend Mr. Zimmerman against the allegations. In the next several weeks, there will be reciprocal discovery filed regarding Witness #9’s statement.