- FOX In The Fast Lane: The Chase ContinuesPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 4 hours ago
- FOX Country: Dustin Lynch Snags First No. 1 On BillboardPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
FDA Approves HIV Prevention Drug
The government has approved the first drug for preventing HIV.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
The Food and Drug Administration has approved the pill Truvada as a preventive drug for people who are at high risk of getting HIV.
Truvada is already used as a treatment for people who have HIV, but company research has shown the drug can prevent people from acquiring the virus.
A three-year study found that daily doses cut the risk of infection in healthy gay and bisexual men by 42%, when accompanied by condoms and counseling.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio