- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 14 hours ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 14 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
FDA Approves HIV Prevention Drug
The government has approved the first drug for preventing HIV.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
The Food and Drug Administration has approved the pill Truvada as a preventive drug for people who are at high risk of getting HIV.
Truvada is already used as a treatment for people who have HIV, but company research has shown the drug can prevent people from acquiring the virus.
A three-year study found that daily doses cut the risk of infection in healthy gay and bisexual men by 42%, when accompanied by condoms and counseling.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio