- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 8 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 10 hours ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 11 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
FDA Approves HIV Prevention Drug
The government has approved the first drug for preventing HIV.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
The Food and Drug Administration has approved the pill Truvada as a preventive drug for people who are at high risk of getting HIV.
Truvada is already used as a treatment for people who have HIV, but company research has shown the drug can prevent people from acquiring the virus.
A three-year study found that daily doses cut the risk of infection in healthy gay and bisexual men by 42%, when accompanied by condoms and counseling.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio