- President Obama Admits U.S. Miscalculated ISIS Strength [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Tony Stewart Speaks Out On Fatal CrashPosted 23 hours ago
- U.S. Military Battling Ebola In West AfricaPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
FDA Approves HIV Prevention Drug
The government has approved the first drug for preventing HIV.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
The Food and Drug Administration has approved the pill Truvada as a preventive drug for people who are at high risk of getting HIV.
Truvada is already used as a treatment for people who have HIV, but company research has shown the drug can prevent people from acquiring the virus.
A three-year study found that daily doses cut the risk of infection in healthy gay and bisexual men by 42%, when accompanied by condoms and counseling.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio