- AFMW: Nik Wallenda “The King Of The Highwire”Posted 26 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 26 mins ago
- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Border Patrol to Close 9 Stations
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is set to close nine interior Border Patrol stations, upsetting some in Congress and law enforcement.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Customs & Border Protection says in a statement that the closure of nine stations is consistent with the goal of securing the borders, and the objective of increasing the certainty of arrest of those entering illegally. Six of the nine stations are in Texas. Border Patrol’s Resident Agent in Charge in Amarillo actually wrote a memo to local law enforcement urging them to contact their representatives over these closures. Some Texas Congressmembers say the move leaves their areas vulnerable.
The three other stations being closed are in Idaho, Montana and southern California.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.