- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 1 day ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Border Patrol to Close 9 Stations
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is set to close nine interior Border Patrol stations, upsetting some in Congress and law enforcement.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Customs & Border Protection says in a statement that the closure of nine stations is consistent with the goal of securing the borders, and the objective of increasing the certainty of arrest of those entering illegally. Six of the nine stations are in Texas. Border Patrol’s Resident Agent in Charge in Amarillo actually wrote a memo to local law enforcement urging them to contact their representatives over these closures. Some Texas Congressmembers say the move leaves their areas vulnerable.
The three other stations being closed are in Idaho, Montana and southern California.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.