- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 16 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Hug Fires MI Police Officer’s Gun, Killing Woman [VIDEO]
It was just a hug, but it ended up being a deadly hug at a party in Detroit, when an embrace left a woman dead of a gunshot wound.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
Adaisha Miller was at a party this weekend when she walked up behind an off-duty police officer and gave him a hug. Police say the officer’s gun accidentally discharged, the bullet striking Miller’s lung and heart. Yolanda McNair says her daughter would have turned 25 years old today (Monday).
(McNair) “Instead of telling her ‘Happy Birthday,’ I’ve got to plan her funeral.”
Authorities say the officer is on administrative duty while they investigate.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the hug-shooting death of Adaisha Miller HERE:
Editor’s Note: Detroit’s police chief said Monday that the shooting was a tragic, unfathomable accident. He says the off-duty officer had his gun in a waist holster made of a soft material that would allow the trigger to be squeezed. He said there is no evidence that the officer fired the gun.