- Bodies of Seven Women Found In IndianaPosted 6 hours ago
- New Ebola Guidelines for HospitalsPosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Artist, Author & Speaker Joni Eareckson TadaPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 12 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Hug Fires MI Police Officer’s Gun, Killing Woman [VIDEO]
It was just a hug, but it ended up being a deadly hug at a party in Detroit, when an embrace left a woman dead of a gunshot wound.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
Adaisha Miller was at a party this weekend when she walked up behind an off-duty police officer and gave him a hug. Police say the officer’s gun accidentally discharged, the bullet striking Miller’s lung and heart. Yolanda McNair says her daughter would have turned 25 years old today (Monday).
(McNair) “Instead of telling her ‘Happy Birthday,’ I’ve got to plan her funeral.”
Authorities say the officer is on administrative duty while they investigate.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the hug-shooting death of Adaisha Miller HERE:
Editor’s Note: Detroit’s police chief said Monday that the shooting was a tragic, unfathomable accident. He says the off-duty officer had his gun in a waist holster made of a soft material that would allow the trigger to be squeezed. He said there is no evidence that the officer fired the gun.