- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 14 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 2 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Gay Couple Sues VA Gym Over Family Membership
A Virginia gym has changed its membership policies after facing a lawsuit brought by a gay man who had signed up his family, then had their membership revoked.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler has details:
William Trinkle sued the Roanoke Athletic Club, claiming breach of contract and violation of Virginia’s Consumer Protection Act. He bought a family membership so he; his partner, Juan Granados and their son could use the pool, and two-year-old Olvier could take swimming lessons – but says they were barred from the premises with the club’s Operations Director saying they didn’t meet the state’s legal definition of a family.
Virginia doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage, but doesn’t specify what a family is either. The club, now calling its family membership a “household membership.”
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.