- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 29 mins ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 1 hour ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 5 hours ago
- Rating The Best and Worst AirlinesPosted 6 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 11 hours ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 22 hours ago
Gay Couple Sues VA Gym Over Family Membership
A Virginia gym has changed its membership policies after facing a lawsuit brought by a gay man who had signed up his family, then had their membership revoked.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler has details:
William Trinkle sued the Roanoke Athletic Club, claiming breach of contract and violation of Virginia’s Consumer Protection Act. He bought a family membership so he; his partner, Juan Granados and their son could use the pool, and two-year-old Olvier could take swimming lessons – but says they were barred from the premises with the club’s Operations Director saying they didn’t meet the state’s legal definition of a family.
Virginia doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage, but doesn’t specify what a family is either. The club, now calling its family membership a “household membership.”
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.