- Gas Leak Causes Deadly Fire, Building Explosion in NYC’s Harlem [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- AEHQ: A Jolly Republican Win In Florida, Sinking The Competition [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Giveaways At ChurchPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Gay Couple Sues VA Gym Over Family Membership
A Virginia gym has changed its membership policies after facing a lawsuit brought by a gay man who had signed up his family, then had their membership revoked.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler has details:
William Trinkle sued the Roanoke Athletic Club, claiming breach of contract and violation of Virginia’s Consumer Protection Act. He bought a family membership so he; his partner, Juan Granados and their son could use the pool, and two-year-old Olvier could take swimming lessons – but says they were barred from the premises with the club’s Operations Director saying they didn’t meet the state’s legal definition of a family.
Virginia doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage, but doesn’t specify what a family is either. The club, now calling its family membership a “household membership.”
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.