- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 10 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 11 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 13 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Gay Couple Sues VA Gym Over Family Membership
A Virginia gym has changed its membership policies after facing a lawsuit brought by a gay man who had signed up his family, then had their membership revoked.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler has details:
William Trinkle sued the Roanoke Athletic Club, claiming breach of contract and violation of Virginia’s Consumer Protection Act. He bought a family membership so he; his partner, Juan Granados and their son could use the pool, and two-year-old Olvier could take swimming lessons – but says they were barred from the premises with the club’s Operations Director saying they didn’t meet the state’s legal definition of a family.
Virginia doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage, but doesn’t specify what a family is either. The club, now calling its family membership a “household membership.”
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.