- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 11 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 12 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 16 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Hot Dog Puns Too Much for NYC Mayor
Joey Chestnut is the 2012 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest champ, downing a record-tying 68 hot dogs in 10 minutes. Sonya “Black Widow” Thomas set a new record on the women’s side with 45 dogs, beating her old best of 41.
The contest is a tradition as American as apple pie. But it’s a tradition that doesn’t rank among the favorites of the host’s health-conscious mayor.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig is in New York City with more on the hot dog “hot mic” moment:
He’s pro-calorie counts, anti-trans fats and large sugary drinks, so introducing Joey Chestnut and his hot dog-eating competitors is a weighty task for New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
(Bloomberg) “If one of their dogged pursuers will finally ‘ketchup,’ ‘cut the mustard,’ and be pronounced ‘weiner.'”
Some frank words he clearly didn’t relish.
(Bloomberg) “Who wrote this ((bleep))?”
Bloomberg does say hot dogs, like all foods, are fine in moderation. But a few dozen dogs in one minute, not the kind of moderation he’s thinking of.
In New York, Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.