- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 17 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
FDA Approves First Home HIV Test
You no longer have to go to the doctor to get tested for the virus that causes AIDS, as home test kits are coming to a drug store near you.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
Just getting final approval from the government: A home test for HIV.
(Michaels) “It’s a simple, quick, accurate, easy-to-use…It’s non-invasive test.”
Doug Michaels is the CEO of OraSure, the company that developed the mouth-swab test. Saliva is placed in a test tube for results within 40 minutes. Doctors and nurses have given the test for 10 years. Government advisers gave preliminary approval for home use this spring, when Michaels said final approval came down to…
(Michaels) “…How good the labeling is, how good the instructions for use are. And this has been demonstrated in the clinical trials that we conducted.”
Stock in OraSure rose 5% on the final approval, and is up more than 30% this year.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.