- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 1 day ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Dry Weather Fizzles 4th of July Fireworks Plans
Fireworks are one of the first things people think about when thinking about 4th of July celebrations. But Mother Nature is putting a halt to fireworks in festivities in many parts of the country.
FOX News Radio’s Pam Puso reports:
From Utah to Arizona, wildfire fears are fizzling fireworks displays. The worry, especially acute out West, where crews are already battling several out-of-control blazes. Residents also being warned not to use fireworks or sparklers in their backyards.
In the year 2010, fireworks were blamed for more than 15,000 fires and $36 million in property damage. One fireworks distributor in Indiana says he understands the concern, but says his business has been devastated.
Pam Puso, FOX News Radio.