- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 5 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
NM Woman Arrested for Overdue “Twilight” Book
Overdue library books can rack up some series fees and fines. But a New Mexico woman is learning the hard way to beware of being very overdue with something you borrow from the library – it could land you in jail.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
The public library in Portales, New Mexico says Lori Teel borrowed them two years ago…
(“Twilight”) “Jake, run!”
…”Twilight,” the book, and “The Twilight Saga: New Moon,” the DVD set. She says she doesn’t remember checking them out. The library says they were never returned, so a warrant was issued for Teel’s arrest. Teel says she was handcuffed in front of her children and hauled off for a night in jail.
(“Twilight”) “I promise never to put you through anything like this ever again.”
Teel claims she moved and never received the library notices. Charges against her were dismissed this week, but her attorney is threatening legal action on her behalf.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.