- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 5 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
NM Woman Arrested for Overdue “Twilight” Book
Overdue library books can rack up some series fees and fines. But a New Mexico woman is learning the hard way to beware of being very overdue with something you borrow from the library – it could land you in jail.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
The public library in Portales, New Mexico says Lori Teel borrowed them two years ago…
(“Twilight”) “Jake, run!”
…”Twilight,” the book, and “The Twilight Saga: New Moon,” the DVD set. She says she doesn’t remember checking them out. The library says they were never returned, so a warrant was issued for Teel’s arrest. Teel says she was handcuffed in front of her children and hauled off for a night in jail.
(“Twilight”) “I promise never to put you through anything like this ever again.”
Teel claims she moved and never received the library notices. Charges against her were dismissed this week, but her attorney is threatening legal action on her behalf.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.