- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 12 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 13 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
NM Woman Arrested for Overdue “Twilight” Book
Overdue library books can rack up some series fees and fines. But a New Mexico woman is learning the hard way to beware of being very overdue with something you borrow from the library – it could land you in jail.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
The public library in Portales, New Mexico says Lori Teel borrowed them two years ago…
(“Twilight”) “Jake, run!”
…”Twilight,” the book, and “The Twilight Saga: New Moon,” the DVD set. She says she doesn’t remember checking them out. The library says they were never returned, so a warrant was issued for Teel’s arrest. Teel says she was handcuffed in front of her children and hauled off for a night in jail.
(“Twilight”) “I promise never to put you through anything like this ever again.”
Teel claims she moved and never received the library notices. Charges against her were dismissed this week, but her attorney is threatening legal action on her behalf.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.