- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 1 day ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Stockton, CA To Become Biggest Bankrupt City [VIDEO]
Stockton, California is set to become the largest city in the United States to declare bankruptcy.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
Known for problems with obesity, illiteracy and skyrocketing unemployment, Stockton, California will soon have another infamous honor: The largest U.S. city to declare bankruptcy.
(Cochran) “The Council voted to approve a pendency plan, which assumes that we’ll file for Chapter 9 federal bankruptcy.”
Public Information Officer Connie Cochran says the City Council approved the move after negotiations with creditors broke down.
(Cochran) “It doesn’t mean we can’t continue to talk to people and negotiate with people, which we will.”
Stockton is hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, with officials projecting a $26 million budget deficit for next year.
Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: City lawyers have until Friday to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
WATCH to learn more on this story: