- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 4 hours ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 11 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Jodi Arias Pleads For Life [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- 50th Super Bowl Will Be In…Posted 1 day ago
Stockton, CA To Become Biggest Bankrupt City [VIDEO]
Stockton, California is set to become the largest city in the United States to declare bankruptcy.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
Known for problems with obesity, illiteracy and skyrocketing unemployment, Stockton, California will soon have another infamous honor: The largest U.S. city to declare bankruptcy.
(Cochran) “The Council voted to approve a pendency plan, which assumes that we’ll file for Chapter 9 federal bankruptcy.”
Public Information Officer Connie Cochran says the City Council approved the move after negotiations with creditors broke down.
(Cochran) “It doesn’t mean we can’t continue to talk to people and negotiate with people, which we will.”
Stockton is hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, with officials projecting a $26 million budget deficit for next year.
Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: City lawyers have until Friday to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
WATCH to learn more on this story: