- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 4 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 23 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 1 day ago
Housecall for Health: Child Prescription Rates Changing
Doctors are keeping the prescription pads in their pockets more when dealing with kids, except when dealing with one particular disorder. According to a new Food & Drug Administration report, the number of prescriptions for a form of Attention Deficit Disorder are spiking.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new government report shows that the number of drugs dispensed to U.S. minors has dropped in the past decade. Research from the FDA says that antibiotic use is down 14%, giving health officials hope that efforts to stop excessive overuse of the drug may be working.
However, the number of ADHD prescriptions saw a big increase of 46%.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.