- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 2 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 2 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 2 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 6 hours ago
- Rating The Best and Worst AirlinesPosted 7 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 12 hours ago
Asian Immigrants Surpass Hispanics in the U.S.
A new study of census data from the Pew Research Center shows Latino and Hispanic immigrants are no longer the largest immigrant group. The title is now bestowed on Asians.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
A Pew Research study shows the number of new Americans from Latin America is second to those coming from Asia.
(Funk) “Asian-Americans grew faster than any other race group since 2000 to 2010, and the number of newly arrived Asian-American immigrants has now surpassed the number of newly arrived Hispanic immigrants.”
Researcher Cary Funk. “Asian” means anyone from Japan to India. And they’re smart, too.
(Funk) “More highly educated, they have higher median incomes than the general population. They also have distinctive values, in terms of a strong emphasis on marriage and parenting and a belief in hard work.”
Though nearly one-in-five Asian immigrants experience discrimination.
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.