- AFMW: Nick CannonPosted 1 day ago
- America’s Ebola Response Coordinator NamedPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Bret’s Cafe Lip-Dub ProposalPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in The Fast Lane: Restrictor Plate Racing at TalladegaPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
FOX in the Fast Lane: Earnhardt Ends Drought
It turns out to be a special Father’s Day for the son of a NASCAR legend.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has this week’s NASCAR recap:
FOX in the Fast Lane.
Junior’s drought has come to an end.
(“NASCAR on TNT”) “The streak is over. Dale Earnhardt, Jr., back to Victory Lane at Michigan.”
…A celebration delayed briefly, as Junior sat in his car, on the phone with owner Rick Hendrick.
(Earnhardt, Jr.) “Ah, he’s just upset he couldn’t be here. That’s a great race.”
Junior wins the Quicken Loans 400 on “NASCAR on TNT” at Michigan, the same track as his last win – Father’s Day weekend, ’08…four years and two days prior. This win, dedicated to the fans.
(Earnhardt, Jr.) “They stuck behind me for all these years, and I know exactly what they’ve been thinking about and how long they’ve been wanting us to get to Victory Lane. And so this one’s for them.”
It’s also his first victory with Crew Chief Steve Letarte.
(Letarte) “A lot of close calls, a lot of seconds. Good to finally win one. Now this one’s off our back, lookin’ forward to the Chase.”
And Junior is second in the Chase standings, four points back of Matt Kenseth. Kenseth finished 3rd on Sunday, behind only Junior and Tony Stewart.
FOX in the Fast Lane, I’m Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.