- VIRAL VIDEOS: Blind Man Sees Wife With Bionic EyePosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: THIRD DAY, Grammy, AMA and GMA Dove Award winning groupPosted 2 hours ago
- It’s A Boy For Carrie Underwood! And, The Baby’s Name Is…Posted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music’s Pete Scobell Talks About His Tribute to Chris KylePosted 16 hours ago
- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
Obama Administration To Stop Deportation of Young Illegal Immigrants [VIDEO]
A new policy change could lead to an election year fight over illegal immigration. Hundreds of thousands of immigrants who are in the United States illegally may no longer be targeted for deportation.
Watch VIDEO of the President announcing his new immigration policy in the Rose Garden Friday:
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor has more from Washington:
What’s changing is that young illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have not been lawbreakers, who finished high school or served in uniform, will not be deported and will be eligible for work permits. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says:
(Napolitano) “I believe this action is the right thing to do.”
Napolitano also says it’s not amnesty or a pathway to citizenship, but a question of not spending money on:
(Napolitano) “Low-priority cases involving productive young people.”
The Secretary says the focus should be on illegal immigrants who commit crimes and on repeat offenders.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: In a highly unusual moment, a reporter at Friday’s Rose Garden event shouted a question over the President’s statement.
He said: “Mr President, why do you favor foreign workers over Americans?”
That reporter, named Neil Munro from ‘The Daily Caller’, had a temporary WH reporting credential. The President was not very pleased with this interruption.
Listen HERE to some of that exchange:
WATCH to learn more on this story: