- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 4 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 7 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Obama Administration To Stop Deportation of Young Illegal Immigrants [VIDEO]
A new policy change could lead to an election year fight over illegal immigration. Hundreds of thousands of immigrants who are in the United States illegally may no longer be targeted for deportation.
Watch VIDEO of the President announcing his new immigration policy in the Rose Garden Friday:
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor has more from Washington:
What’s changing is that young illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have not been lawbreakers, who finished high school or served in uniform, will not be deported and will be eligible for work permits. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says:
(Napolitano) “I believe this action is the right thing to do.”
Napolitano also says it’s not amnesty or a pathway to citizenship, but a question of not spending money on:
(Napolitano) “Low-priority cases involving productive young people.”
The Secretary says the focus should be on illegal immigrants who commit crimes and on repeat offenders.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: In a highly unusual moment, a reporter at Friday’s Rose Garden event shouted a question over the President’s statement.
He said: “Mr President, why do you favor foreign workers over Americans?”
That reporter, named Neil Munro from ‘The Daily Caller’, had a temporary WH reporting credential. The President was not very pleased with this interruption.
Listen HERE to some of that exchange:
WATCH to learn more on this story: