- President Obama Addresses Airstrikes in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Osama Bin Laden’s Son-in-Law Receives Life In PrisonPosted 8 hours ago
- Math Models Weigh In On Ebola EpidemicPosted 8 hours ago
- The U.S. And Allies Launch Attack Against ISIS in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- PA Manhunt for Alleged Trooper KillerPosted 12 hours ago
- Another Hostage Video From ISISPosted 12 hours ago
- AFMW: Bluegrass group Nu-Blu and Sam Moore, Legendary Soul ManPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Daily Aspirin: To Take Or Not To Take?
Taking daily aspirin may not be as harmless as doctors once thought, according to new research.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
For years, the prescription for preventing heart disease has been: take an aspirin every day. Now there’s a warning.
New research in the Journal of the American Medical Association finds that 300 milligrams or less of aspirin multiplies the risk of major stomach or brain bleeding by 55%.
For people with a history of heart attack or stroke, aspirin should remain in the in the medicine chest. Dealing with stomach bleeding may be better than a heart attack, but if you’re not at red flag for heart disease, the risk may outweigh the benefit.
And the best advice: talk to your doctor.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.