- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 1 day ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Next Stop for Same-Sex Marriage: the Supreme Court?
Could the next stop for the legal battle over same-sex marriage be the U.S. Supreme Court? One major hurdle was cleared on Tuesday, when an appeals court declined to hear any more about California’s “Prop 8″ ban.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
A panel of the 9th Circuit court struck down the ban on same-sex marriage, so backers of the ban asked for a full review. And today (Tuesday), the court said no.
And now, backers of the ban say they will ask the Supreme Court to hear the case. Attorney Ted Olson represents gay couples in the matter.
(Olson) “We’ll oppose that on the grounds that the decision of the 9th Circuit was correct and should be made into the law. Whether the Supreme Court takes that case or not, we don’t know, but they will probably take it or reject it sometime in the month of October.”
He says if the Supreme Court hears the case, they do expect a decision by the middle of next year.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.