- Hired!: Thousands of Job OpportunitiesPosted 44 mins ago
- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 16 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 23 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
AEHQ: Unemployment Rate Ramps Up Rhetoric [VIDEO]
The unemployment rate rose to 8.2% in May, as the Labor Department Friday reported the fewest jobs added in nearly a year. That news is adding fuel to the criticism of President Barack Obama’s policies, and provided plenty of fodder for the Sunday morning network news shows.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso has more in this election update:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
Republicans are using the grim economic news last week to make their case.
(Gillespie) “The only thing that’s gonna change it are changing the policies, and that means changing the person in the White House.”
…Mitt Romney’s Senior Adviser Ed Gillespie on “FOX News Sunday.” But Democrats say it’s the Republicans in Congress who are standing in the way.
(Patrick) “We’re never gonna have the rate of job gains that we need until the Congress passes the jobs bills that the President’s put before them.”
…Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” Democrats also point out a 27th-straight month of job growth, though they acknowledge it’s not at an acceptable pace.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the role of jobs in the race for the White House HERE: