- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 4 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 11 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Getting a Smoker’s Lungs
Patients awaiting a lung transplant shouldn’t be too picky when it comes to their donor’s habits, according to an international study. Passing on the lungs of a smoker could be a deadly decision.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
For patients who are on a transplant waiting list for new lungs, research finds lungs from smokers are better than nothing. A major study in the British journal “The Lancet” says patients will survive longer if they are willing to accept lungs from anyone.
And although there has been controversy over patients dying after getting lungs from smokers, experts say not accepting them would lead to a spike in fatalities while waiting for donated lungs.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.