- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 hours ago
- FOX Country: Dustin Lynch Snags First No. 1 On BillboardPosted 3 hours ago
- Australia Foils Terror Plot, Sends Troops To The Middle East In Fight Against ISIS [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 23 hours ago
- It’s That Time Of Year Again… Flu SeasonPosted 24 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Getting a Smoker’s Lungs
Patients awaiting a lung transplant shouldn’t be too picky when it comes to their donor’s habits, according to an international study. Passing on the lungs of a smoker could be a deadly decision.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
For patients who are on a transplant waiting list for new lungs, research finds lungs from smokers are better than nothing. A major study in the British journal “The Lancet” says patients will survive longer if they are willing to accept lungs from anyone.
And although there has been controversy over patients dying after getting lungs from smokers, experts say not accepting them would lead to a spike in fatalities while waiting for donated lungs.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.