- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Getting a Smoker’s Lungs
Patients awaiting a lung transplant shouldn’t be too picky when it comes to their donor’s habits, according to an international study. Passing on the lungs of a smoker could be a deadly decision.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
For patients who are on a transplant waiting list for new lungs, research finds lungs from smokers are better than nothing. A major study in the British journal “The Lancet” says patients will survive longer if they are willing to accept lungs from anyone.
And although there has been controversy over patients dying after getting lungs from smokers, experts say not accepting them would lead to a spike in fatalities while waiting for donated lungs.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.