- Israel Calls Up Another 16,000 Reserves For Gaza FightingPosted 1 hour ago
- AEHQ: President Obama LawsuitPosted 2 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Border Battle At The Ballot BoxPosted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Radioactive Tuna Found Off CA Coast [VIDEO]
Another byproduct of Japan’s nuclear disaster has been found swimming off of California’s coast. That’s according to research by the National Academy of Sciences.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
For the first time, migrating sea life has been found to bring radioactive traces from Japan’s Fukushima nuclear disaster all the way across the ocean to the shores of California. Radioactive isotopes discovered in Pacific bluefin tuna. Not a lot of radiation; one-tenth the level the U.S. and Japan consider dangerous. But those trace elements did cross the world’s largest ocean, and to see it at all was definitely a surprise to the leader of the study team. It raises the possibility that other wide-ranging sea life may also be carrying low levels of radiation from Japan around the Pacific basin.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: