- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 33 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 8 hours ago
- NFL Image Problem?Posted 8 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 4 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Calcium Pill Heart Risk
Could taking calcium supplements put your heart at risk?
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Calcium. It’s good for you, but it can also be bad for you. You need calcium to keep your bones strong, but a study in the journal “Heart” finds that people who take calcium pills are far more likely to have a heart attack than those who don’t.
The researchers say calcium supplements can flood your bloodstream. They advise calcium supplements should be taken with caution, and a better option might be to eat a balanced diet that includes foods rich in calcium.
Housecall for Health. I’m Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.