- Hops For HeroesPosted 1 day ago
- Rolling Stones: 50 Years of SatisfactionPosted 2 days ago
- Underwater MysteryPosted 2 days ago
- The Next Disaster: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 2 days ago
- Remembering Iraq: A FOX News Radio Special Hour 1Posted 2 days ago
- Remembering Iraq: A FOX News Radio Special Hour 2Posted 2 days ago
Officials Warn of Detergent Poisoning Trend in Kids
Poison Control officials are raising concerns over miniature laundry detergent products, warning they could be dangerous to kids.
FOX News Radio’s Don Mathisen reports:
There has been a dramatic rise in the number of children swallowing detergent packets. Doctors say kids are confusing the small, brightly-colored packets with candy.
There have been about 250 reported cases so far this year, and doctors say the symptoms – such a nausea and breathing problems – are even more severe than typical detergent poisoning.
Manufacturers introduced the products just a few months ago. A Procter & Gamble spokesman says all cleaning products need to be handled carefully and kept out of the reach of children.
Don Mathisen, FOX News Radio.