- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 1 day ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Officials Warn of Detergent Poisoning Trend in Kids
Poison Control officials are raising concerns over miniature laundry detergent products, warning they could be dangerous to kids.
FOX News Radio’s Don Mathisen reports:
There has been a dramatic rise in the number of children swallowing detergent packets. Doctors say kids are confusing the small, brightly-colored packets with candy.
There have been about 250 reported cases so far this year, and doctors say the symptoms – such a nausea and breathing problems – are even more severe than typical detergent poisoning.
Manufacturers introduced the products just a few months ago. A Procter & Gamble spokesman says all cleaning products need to be handled carefully and kept out of the reach of children.
Don Mathisen, FOX News Radio.