- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 18 hours ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 18 hours ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Officials Warn of Detergent Poisoning Trend in Kids
Poison Control officials are raising concerns over miniature laundry detergent products, warning they could be dangerous to kids.
FOX News Radio’s Don Mathisen reports:
There has been a dramatic rise in the number of children swallowing detergent packets. Doctors say kids are confusing the small, brightly-colored packets with candy.
There have been about 250 reported cases so far this year, and doctors say the symptoms – such a nausea and breathing problems – are even more severe than typical detergent poisoning.
Manufacturers introduced the products just a few months ago. A Procter & Gamble spokesman says all cleaning products need to be handled carefully and kept out of the reach of children.
Don Mathisen, FOX News Radio.