- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 7 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
NYC Public School Adds Mandatory Arabic Class
Students at a New York City public elementary school will be required to take Arabic next school year.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports from New York City:
Beginning this fall, what had been a pilot program will be a required Arabic language class – two days a week – for all 2nd- through 5th-graders at P.S. 368 in Manhattan. While some high schools offer Arabic, this is the first elementary school to have it in the city.
And while the program is mandatory, the school is not. All of the students attend by choice, instead of other schools. Students who took the 10-week pilot Arabic program needed permission slips from their parents.
In New York, Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.