- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 9 hours ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 1 day ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Uncle Sam Wants YOU! But You? Not So Much
It looks like Uncle Sam may not want you after all. The Pentagon is taking steps to slash the size of the active duty Army, and giving potential recruits a real good once over.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo has more:
Internal Army documents, showing that the service is getting a lot more selective. In contrast to the peak years of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the service last year, taking no recruits with misconduct convictions or drug or alcohol issues. In addition, soldiers already serving on active duty must meet tougher standards to stay on for another tour.
Bonuses also being cut, with the Army spending hundreds of thousands less to attract recruits or persuade soldiers to stay on active duty.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.