- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Uncle Sam Wants YOU! But You? Not So Much
It looks like Uncle Sam may not want you after all. The Pentagon is taking steps to slash the size of the active duty Army, and giving potential recruits a real good once over.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo has more:
Internal Army documents, showing that the service is getting a lot more selective. In contrast to the peak years of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the service last year, taking no recruits with misconduct convictions or drug or alcohol issues. In addition, soldiers already serving on active duty must meet tougher standards to stay on for another tour.
Bonuses also being cut, with the Army spending hundreds of thousands less to attract recruits or persuade soldiers to stay on active duty.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.