- President Obama Announces Plan To Fight EbolaPosted 9 hours ago
- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 13 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 20 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Private Rocket SpaceX Lifts Off [VIDEO]
It was not a government rocket that lifted off from Florida overnight, headed to the International Space Station, and that’s a first.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Cape Canaveral:
A private company is on its way to giving the United States another first in space transportation milestones…
(Radio chatter) “Falcon 9 and Dragon are in orbit! Dragon is in separation state! (Applause!).”
SpaceX and their Dragon capsule launched and reached orbit this morning. And later this week could be the first commercial vehicle to reach the space station. NASA wants to contract with private companies to run astronauts and gear to the station while it concentrates on long range flights.
SpaceX is the creation of Paypal founder Elon Musk.
At the Kennedy Space Center, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the launch of the private rocket SpaceX: