- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 14 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 14 hours ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Contraception Challenge: Catholic Groups Sue Government
The Obama Administration is being sued by some of the country’s largest Catholic institutions over mandated birth control coverage that’s included in the health care law.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has details from Washington:
More than 40 Catholic groups – including the Archdioceses of New York and Washington, D.C., and Notre Dame – have filed challenges in Federal court.
(Zwilling) “What’s at issue in this lawsuit is religious freedom, the free exercise of religion without government interference.”
New York Archdiocese spokesman Joseph Zwilling says mandates that employers provide health insurance that covers birth control runs afoul of Catholic teachings. The Obama Administration did soften the language of the mandate and set up religious exemptions, steps the legal challenges say don’t go far enough.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.