- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 9 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 11 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 13 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 14 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 14 hours ago
Contraception Challenge: Catholic Groups Sue Government
The Obama Administration is being sued by some of the country’s largest Catholic institutions over mandated birth control coverage that’s included in the health care law.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has details from Washington:
More than 40 Catholic groups – including the Archdioceses of New York and Washington, D.C., and Notre Dame – have filed challenges in Federal court.
(Zwilling) “What’s at issue in this lawsuit is religious freedom, the free exercise of religion without government interference.”
New York Archdiocese spokesman Joseph Zwilling says mandates that employers provide health insurance that covers birth control runs afoul of Catholic teachings. The Obama Administration did soften the language of the mandate and set up religious exemptions, steps the legal challenges say don’t go far enough.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.