- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 7 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 8 hours ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 14 hours ago
CDC: Asthma A Costly, Growing Ailment
A new survey by the Centers for Disease Control shows that asthma is a growing ailment across the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
29 million American adults have needed inhalers:
(Doctor) “Normal breath in… normal breath out.”
A new Centers for Disease Control report shows cases of asthma rose nearly 15% from 2001 to 2010.
(Dr. Carl) “It’s most important that they start early treatment in response to the symptoms.”
Dr. John Carl at the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital says kids with asthma need a written plan;
(Dr. Carl) “So that the school personnel are aware of what steps need to be taken in an emergency.”
Ten million children have been diagnosed. Asthma was blamed for 3,400 deaths in 2009 and the CDC estimates the cost to society is at $56 billion dollars a year.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.