- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 18 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 18 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
CDC: Asthma A Costly, Growing Ailment
A new survey by the Centers for Disease Control shows that asthma is a growing ailment across the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
29 million American adults have needed inhalers:
(Doctor) “Normal breath in… normal breath out.”
A new Centers for Disease Control report shows cases of asthma rose nearly 15% from 2001 to 2010.
(Dr. Carl) “It’s most important that they start early treatment in response to the symptoms.”
Dr. John Carl at the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital says kids with asthma need a written plan;
(Dr. Carl) “So that the school personnel are aware of what steps need to be taken in an emergency.”
Ten million children have been diagnosed. Asthma was blamed for 3,400 deaths in 2009 and the CDC estimates the cost to society is at $56 billion dollars a year.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.