- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 11 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 20 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
AEHQ: Will Gay Marriage Play a Role in the Election? [VIDEO]
President Obama’s coming out in support of same-sex marriage has dominated political headlines, but will it really carry a lot of weight come November?
FOX’s Steve Centanni is in Washington with this Election Update:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
President Obama’s decision to support same-sex marriage may be historic, but it’s probably not a political game changer. Republicans, over the weekend, didn’t really dwell on the issue. GOP Senator Jon Cornyn of Texas suggested the President is just trying to change the subject.
(Sen. Cornyn) “He’s trying to raise divisive issues up to solidify his base and to divide the country.”
But the President’s supporters are applauding his announcement on same-sex marriage. Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein of California says she’s undergone a transformation similar to President Obama’s.
(Sen. Feinstein) “You get to know more and more gay couples, you see the happiness, you see the economic security that marriage brings.”
In Washington, Steve Centanni, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the role of gay marriage in November’s election HERE: