- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 1 day ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: FDA Seeks Safer X-Rays For Kids
Machines that give X-rays and CT scans, may be getting an upgrade that would be safer for children, if the FDA has its way.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
U.S. health officials are proposing new guidlelines to ensure kids getting X-rays and scans aren’t getting adult doses of radiation. Pediatric hospitals often adjust scanner doses for kids, but 90% of child imaging happens in general hospitals.
The FDA is urging manufacturers to design new scanners to be safer for kids. Studies show being exposed to radiation as a child may increase the risk of getting cancer later in life.
Housecall for Health. I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.