- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 1 day ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: FDA Seeks Safer X-Rays For Kids
Machines that give X-rays and CT scans, may be getting an upgrade that would be safer for children, if the FDA has its way.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
U.S. health officials are proposing new guidlelines to ensure kids getting X-rays and scans aren’t getting adult doses of radiation. Pediatric hospitals often adjust scanner doses for kids, but 90% of child imaging happens in general hospitals.
The FDA is urging manufacturers to design new scanners to be safer for kids. Studies show being exposed to radiation as a child may increase the risk of getting cancer later in life.
Housecall for Health. I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.