- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 1 hour ago
- Hired! Jobs That Don’t Require College DegreesPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Giant Larry GatlinPosted 2 hours ago
- Ebola In America: CDC Confirms First US CasePosted 15 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
George Lindsey, aka Goober Pyle, Dead at 83
He made millions laugh with his hometown character from Mayberry, but now George Lindsey, the man best known for portraying Goober Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show, has died at age 83.
Pamela Furr with FOX News Radio affiliate WRDU reports from Raleigh, North Carolina:
(“The Andy Griffith Show”) “Hey, Goober!//Hey, Andy!”
That lovable, goofy character from “The Andy Griffith Show” has died. George “Goober” Lindsey passed away early Sunday morning in Nashville after a brief illness. He was probably best known for trying to impersonate Cary Grant.
(“The Andy Griffith Show”) “Go, Goob!//Judy, Judy, Judy, Judy, Judy!”
Goober appeared on “The Andy Griffith Show,” based in North Carolina from 1964-68; and on “Mayberry R.F.D.” from ’68-71; and finally, he kept the character alive on “Hee Haw” until it wrapped production it wrapped production in 1993.
From Raleigh, I’m Pamela Furr, FOX News Radio.