- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 10 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Spirit To Refund Dying Vet’s Airfare [VIDEO]
Spirit Airlines bows to public pressure to give a dying Veteran his money back for a flight he could no longer take.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports on Spirit’s about-face:
Spirit Airlines has a no-refund, no exceptions policy. Unless you buy travel insurance. Which cancer stricken Vietnam Veteran Jerry Meekins did not. And when his doctor told him he couldn’t fly:
Meekins: “The part that really got me was when they said well if you die before the flight, we’ll give you a partial refund.”
The way he was treated prompting an instant outpouring from Veterans groups and others:
Meekins: “I had a call from a lady who’s flown them for the last ten years. Twice a year to Detroit and back says she’ll never fly them again.”
Faced with a burgeoning boycott, the CEO of the discount carrier now says he’ll personally refund Meekins’ airfare and make a $5,000 dollar donation to the charity of Meekins’ choice; The Wounded Warrior Project.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.
Watch a VIDEO of Jerry Meekins’ appearance on FOX & Friends: