- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 3 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: How A Tablet Computer Can HarmPosted 3 hours ago
- Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta DiesPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
U.S. Braces For Termite Invasion
If you were happy to get a warm winter for a change, this next story could make you change your mind. The unseasonably high temperatures have provided the perfect breeding ground for a pest population explosion in the United States; and that includes termites.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado reports:
Termites are tough. People have reported being able to hear them chewing their way through walls and sounding like (termite sounds) The warmer winter means termites that have been dormant in parts of the U.S. will be swarming. When termites swarm they look like ants with wings. Stoy Hedges of Terminix says it’s a warning.
Hedges: “That’s usually often the first indication that people see that they have termites in their home.”
Termites will not just chew on wood. They’re up for eating carpets and wallpaper too.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.