- Deer Tick DangersPosted 23 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
OK Bar to Livestream Sunday Church Sermon
There won’t be any sports on the televisions at one Tulsa, Oklahoma bar this Sunday. Instead, they’ll be serving up a sermon with the stouts.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has more on this pious plan:
They’ll be turning water into wine at the Drunk Monkey.
(Beene) “Even if you think it’s like the house of the Devil, well, I think God can come in here.”
Owner Joe Beene will be livestreaming mass on Sunday morning.
(Beene) “Jesus didn’t have a church necessarily, he went out to see the people.”
A point echoed by Beene’s pastor, Eastman Curtis of Tulsa’s Celebration Church.
(Curtis) “He died on the town trash heap. I mean, where sinners are talking smut.”
Curtis’ congregation raised the $1,000 dollars needed to air Sunday services at the bar, a place where the Pastor himself was saved.
(Curtis) “I was a mom’s worst nightmare.”
Beene came up with the idea knowing some of his regulars were in trouble, but couldn’t muster the courage to face the Church. He’s offering a free brunch for those who come to mass this Sunday.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.