- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 7 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 8 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 10 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 11 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 11 hours ago
Levon Helm Dead at 71 [VIDEO]
Levon Helm, longtime singer and drummer has lost his battle with cancer.
FOX News Radio’s Sabrina Sabbagh looks back at his life:
(Song audio) Levon Helm spent the majority of his career as a member of “The Band”, which released its first album, “Music From Big Pink”, in 1968. Helm’s voice could be heard on hits like, “The Weight”, “Up On Cripple Creek”, and “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down”.
(Song audio) After “The Band’s” farewell tour, Helm released two Grammy winning solo albums, despite being diagnosed with throat cancer in 1998. (Song audio) Rolling Stone named Helm one of the ’100 Greatest Singers of All Time’. Helm’s cancer treatment changed the sound of his voice, but he continued to tour until he lost his battle with the disease. He was 71.
Sabrina Sabbagh, FOX News Radio.
Watch a clip of The Band perform “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” from 1976: