- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 13 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Zimmerman Attorney Asks For New Judge in Trayvon Martin Shooting Trial
The judge in the Trayvon Martin shooting case disclosed she had a potential conflict-of-interest in the trial, opening the door for defendant George Zimmerman’s attorneys to seek her removal from the case, a request now officially filed.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has details:
The neighborhood watch volunteer who shot teenager Trayvon Martin wants a new judge to avoid any potential conflict-of-interest.
The current judge’s husband works with an attorney who serves as a legal analyst on TV, turned down George Zimmerman’s case and referred him to the attorney he’s using, Mark O’Mara.
(O’Mara) “Right away, as we get into a case, all of a sudden there’s the first problem.”
O’Mara says Circuit Judge Jessica Recksiedler revealed the potential conflict of interest herself.
(O’Mara) “I think this is a minor glitch, it’s not going to be that big a deal. We’re gonna get a new judge that can handle the case, whoever that is that they decide upon.”
Meantime, Florida Governor Rick Scott says he thinks only the facts – not public pressure – motivated the Special Prosecutor. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder, but claims self-defense.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.