- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 13 mins ago
- Rating The Best and Worst AirlinesPosted 43 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 6 hours ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 17 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 20 hours ago
Pastor Arrested for Reading the Bible [VIDEO]
A pastor was arrested outside a Department of Motor Vehicles office in California because he was reading the Bible. The arrest was caught on tape.
FOX’s Douglas Kennedy reports from Hemet, California:
The video (from February 2011) begins with Pastor Mark Mackey, opening his Bible in front of the DMV office in Hemet, California. It ends with his arrest.
(Mackey) “Folks, this is what the United States is coming to.”
(Officer) “You can preach on your own property.”
Mackey says he thought his speech was protected by the First Amendment because he was standing on public property. But he was reading to a group of people waiting for the DMV to open, and constitutional attorney Dan Conaway calls that intimidation.
(Conaway) “He’s creating an intimidating situation for people who simply want to get their driver’s license renewed.”
A judge will now decide whether reading the Bible to a “captive audience”, is indeed intimidation.
In Hemet, California, Douglas Kennedy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the Pastor get arrested for reading the Bible: