- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 1 day ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Pastor Arrested for Reading the Bible [VIDEO]
A pastor was arrested outside a Department of Motor Vehicles office in California because he was reading the Bible. The arrest was caught on tape.
FOX’s Douglas Kennedy reports from Hemet, California:
The video (from February 2011) begins with Pastor Mark Mackey, opening his Bible in front of the DMV office in Hemet, California. It ends with his arrest.
(Mackey) “Folks, this is what the United States is coming to.”
(Officer) “You can preach on your own property.”
Mackey says he thought his speech was protected by the First Amendment because he was standing on public property. But he was reading to a group of people waiting for the DMV to open, and constitutional attorney Dan Conaway calls that intimidation.
(Conaway) “He’s creating an intimidating situation for people who simply want to get their driver’s license renewed.”
A judge will now decide whether reading the Bible to a “captive audience”, is indeed intimidation.
In Hemet, California, Douglas Kennedy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the Pastor get arrested for reading the Bible: