- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 16 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 17 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 1 day ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 2 days ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 2 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Pastor Arrested for Reading the Bible [VIDEO]
A pastor was arrested outside a Department of Motor Vehicles office in California because he was reading the Bible. The arrest was caught on tape.
FOX’s Douglas Kennedy reports from Hemet, California:
The video (from February 2011) begins with Pastor Mark Mackey, opening his Bible in front of the DMV office in Hemet, California. It ends with his arrest.
(Mackey) “Folks, this is what the United States is coming to.”
(Officer) “You can preach on your own property.”
Mackey says he thought his speech was protected by the First Amendment because he was standing on public property. But he was reading to a group of people waiting for the DMV to open, and constitutional attorney Dan Conaway calls that intimidation.
(Conaway) “He’s creating an intimidating situation for people who simply want to get their driver’s license renewed.”
A judge will now decide whether reading the Bible to a “captive audience”, is indeed intimidation.
In Hemet, California, Douglas Kennedy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the Pastor get arrested for reading the Bible: