- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 12 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 13 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 14 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Pastor Arrested for Reading the Bible [VIDEO]
A pastor was arrested outside a Department of Motor Vehicles office in California because he was reading the Bible. The arrest was caught on tape.
FOX’s Douglas Kennedy reports from Hemet, California:
The video (from February 2011) begins with Pastor Mark Mackey, opening his Bible in front of the DMV office in Hemet, California. It ends with his arrest.
(Mackey) “Folks, this is what the United States is coming to.”
(Officer) “You can preach on your own property.”
Mackey says he thought his speech was protected by the First Amendment because he was standing on public property. But he was reading to a group of people waiting for the DMV to open, and constitutional attorney Dan Conaway calls that intimidation.
(Conaway) “He’s creating an intimidating situation for people who simply want to get their driver’s license renewed.”
A judge will now decide whether reading the Bible to a “captive audience”, is indeed intimidation.
In Hemet, California, Douglas Kennedy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the Pastor get arrested for reading the Bible: