- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 17 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 18 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 24 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Housecall for Health: Surgery-Soothing Music
Going under the knife? You may want to ask your doctor to crank up the tunes, it could help you stay calm while on the operating table.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Anxious about an upcoming surgery? You may want to try turning on some music. A new study finds that playing music during minor surgery helps reduce anxiety in patients and even improves healing time.
In trials at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, surgery patients under local anesthetic in operating rooms with music playing had a lower respiratory rate than those with no music.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.