- Reaction Split Over President Obama’s Executive Action On Immigration [VIDEO]Posted 41 mins ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Singer / Songwriter JewelPosted 3 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Pink Slime Manufacturer Suspends Some Operations
The company that makes “pink slime” suspended operations Monday at some of its plants.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Beef Products Incorporated says it’s suspending operations at three of four plants where the ingredient is made. The company’s Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance says they think business will come back eventually, when people understand the truth about their product.
The beef filler is treated with ammonia and has been used for years, but it recently became criticized as “pink slime”.
BPI says ammonia hydroxide is a key processing aid that kills dangerous bacteria. And they say ammonia-based compounds are naturally occurring, and found in many other foods.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.