- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 40 mins ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 21 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
Pink Slime Manufacturer Suspends Some Operations
The company that makes “pink slime” suspended operations Monday at some of its plants.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Beef Products Incorporated says it’s suspending operations at three of four plants where the ingredient is made. The company’s Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance says they think business will come back eventually, when people understand the truth about their product.
The beef filler is treated with ammonia and has been used for years, but it recently became criticized as “pink slime”.
BPI says ammonia hydroxide is a key processing aid that kills dangerous bacteria. And they say ammonia-based compounds are naturally occurring, and found in many other foods.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.