- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 3 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Pink Slime Manufacturer Suspends Some Operations
The company that makes “pink slime” suspended operations Monday at some of its plants.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Beef Products Incorporated says it’s suspending operations at three of four plants where the ingredient is made. The company’s Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance says they think business will come back eventually, when people understand the truth about their product.
The beef filler is treated with ammonia and has been used for years, but it recently became criticized as “pink slime”.
BPI says ammonia hydroxide is a key processing aid that kills dangerous bacteria. And they say ammonia-based compounds are naturally occurring, and found in many other foods.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.