- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 2 days ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Valentine’s Day: Where Do Couples Meet? [VIDEO]
Ahhh, Valentine’s Day. A day to do something extra special for your significant other. But what are the most popular ways of meeting that special someone?
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the answer:
(Match.com Commercial) “I joined Match because it’s a great opportunity to meet new people.”
…and she’s not alone. Northwestern University Professor Eli Finkel found that Match’s claim that 1-in-5 relationships start online isn’t far off.
(Finkel) “Something on the order of 20-30% is probably about right.”
But it’s still not the most common way people meet.
(Finkel) “Meeting through a friend is still #1, but online dating is breathing hot-and-heavy down the neck of meeting through friends.”
Finkel warns that online algorithms that create matches are flawed, and that’s without worrying if the picture on the profile is accurate.
(Coloccia) “They were 15 years older, balder, a lot heavier than they were.”
Jane Coloccia, author of “Confessions of an Online Dating Addict,” met more than 200 guys in eight years dating online.
(Coloccia) “I’ve had people who I guess were really emotionally unstable. They clearly weren’t ready to be in a relationship. I think some of them probably should have been under a doctor’s care.”
Still, a fairy-tale ending is possible.
(Coloccia) “I met my husband online and we’ve been married for almost two years now.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
So, where do YOU look to meet (or did you meet) a significant other? We did our own unscientific survey.
WATCH what people had to say HERE: