- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 20 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 21 hours ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Researchers: Sugar Is As Toxic As Alcohol, Government Should Regulate
Some scientists are saying sugar is so toxic, with health effects similar to alcohol, that the government should regulate it.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
Researchers from the University of California, claiming sugar is a toxic substance which not only adds to the global obesity pandemic, but critically alters hormones and metabolism and causes significant damage to the liver, where they say fructose is processed much the way alcohol is. In the journal “Nature” article, scientists saying sugar consumption contributes to 35 million deaths a year. They’re recommending measures, such as taxes, to control access. But some say the government should stay out of the sugar business.
(Dixon) “You don’t have a car accident because you had too many popsicles.”
…Nutritionist Pat Dixon. The beverage industry arguing that a variety of factors contribute to health conditions.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.